Patient Advocacy Workshop
Become a Health Advocate for Youself
and Your Loved One
The idea for this workshop came from years of working as a Registered Nurse, Nurse Manager and Clinical Educator – as well as looking after a parent with a debilitating injury.
I recognize the need to provide the public with valuable practical information to make a difficult time easier.
This workshop will provide you with all the information you need – to get information, template to organize medications, appointments and important health data/information.
You will be introduced how the health care system really works, who does what, and which professionals can answer which concerns, how you can ask for what you require in services and second opinions.
You will leave with following after 4 hours:
- How to keep track of medications and health information
- Definitions of the different services and list of services available to you from OHIP.
- What you pay for and what OHIP pays for.
- What do different specialists do.
- How to get an appointment and what to take with you.
- What questions and who ask.
- How to ask for a second opinion.
- What to take to the hospital with you or your loved one and understand the system prioritizes patients.
For our full list of upcoming workshops please visit Events